Sunday, June 03, 2007

Nothing much to say

I wonder why I feel compelled to put something up on the blog even when I don't have much to say. Hmmm... There's a lot on my mind right now, but much of it is unbloggable for a variety of reasons. Have no fear, though. Things are good here. Very good.

I haven't been running for three weeks. That's going to change tomorrow. The cold that would not end is finally over, so it's time to get back with it. After a week or so of not running, I started slipping back in to some old habits, so I've become very aware of how much order that daily practice brings to my life.

I had to travel for work yesterday. I rode with one of my colleagues. It's the last time I ride with her when she drives. The fact that I awoke with a deep sense of gratitude for my life today is due in no small part to the fact that I feel quite fortunate to have arrived home alive yesterday evening.

I went to church this morning and to an interfaith service that was part of Pride week in our fair city. That, plus all of the denominational meetings I've attended this past week, I figure I've had enough church to last a month or more. The service this afternoon was 2.5 hours long, about 1.5 hours too long in my estimation. I guess practicing radical inclusion takes a really long time.

That said, there were parts of the service that were particularly moving for me. I came away with an awareness that there are ways in which I'm still hiding. In fact it was in the words to a song sung by a pastor whose call to ministry sounds awfully familiar that I found the words to name that awareness. Anyone want to guess how I see myself hiding still?

Okay, for nothing much to say, this post seems awfully long.

7 comments:

Yankee T said...

"I guess practicing radical inclusion takes a really long time..." HAHA! I'm howling!

Katherine E. said...

"Nothing much to say" is great to read! Thanks for posting, Linda.

Hope you enjoyed your run!

Linda said...

I'm feeling a little guilty - credit the radical inclusion line actually belongs toJ. I think she's the one who said it in a conversation we had with someone about how long the service was. Totally made me laugh.

Iris said...

Oh, I didn't see you there, but it was packed, wasn't it? I was a bt uncomfortable with the clergy procession. I didn't know I was going to have to walk down the center aisle all by myself after they called my name. I had leave at 3:00 because I had youth group. But I agree with you about parts of it being moving. It seemed that just as soon as I had completely dried my eyes, someone else's story would make me cry!

Unknown said...

I believe I know how you're hiding, yes. Part of your identity is yet unfulfilled.

spookyrach said...

Long, but good!!

Littlemankitty said...

2.5 hours? Too long for me....