Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Things that make me happy two days before Thanksgiving

  • Seeing a bald eagle fly over the river and land in a tree along the path where I ran this morning
  • A chance to cuddle with my sweet cat who would NOT let me journal this morning
  • Discovering that I had to go TWO sizes smaller, instead of the one I expected, with the new jeans I bought today
  • Cold meatloaf sandwich and sweet potatoes, leftovers from dinner last night with good friends
  • Dinner tonight with the group from church that I went through the new members class with (we've added a few others since then too) where I will get to hold a baby, chase a toddler or two, try to get a very shy four-year-old to talk to me, and enjoy the company of good friends
  • Life in a place where I can know and be known, love and be loved

I'm off to my mom's tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Woowhooo on all those things!

Grateful for YOU!

Marie said...

Your posts make ME happy. Safe travel.

Jan said...

Nice to read. I am so very impressed that you went down TWO sizes, esp. since I just bought the next larger size. . . . depressing.

Yankee T said...

Happy Thanksgiving. You have a lot to be thankful for. Hope your mom time is great.

Katherine E. said...

Hope your time with your mom is good, Linda. I'm thankful for you!

Unknown said...

Belatedly, so happy for you! And I hope today was good, too. (My new jeans are now so loose I can almost slide them off without unzipping.)