Monday, August 06, 2007

Neighbors

Some good friends from PhD city moved to my current town this summer. It's great having them here. Tonight there was a knock on my door. I'm not used to that, so it took me awhile to get to the door. I was on the phone and had to get off, and then I had to make myself presentable. I missed them at the door but looked out the window and noticed it was good friend, D., and his son, B., so I went downstairs to let them in. They were on a bike ride in the park across the street and B. got thirsty, so they stopped at my place to get a drink. When they left, B. asked D. if the two of them could sleep at my apartment sometime. :-)

You know, it's a really simple thing, but a place really starts to feel like home when people know where you live and just drop by.

But I'm going to have to learn to wear more than a tank top and underwear around the house if I want to get to the door in time. ;-)

4 comments:

Katherine E. said...

Wonderful post. I'm smiling. Tell 'em hi for me, Linda.

I'm SO glad that life is "full" and wonderful for you, Linda. That makes me smile, too.

Keep posting!! :-)

SassyFemme said...

Home is indeed a good feeling! That said, I always dread someone stopping by if I'm still running around in my pj's.

Yankee T said...

Oh excellent. I love this.

Marie said...

Ahhh. Home. Tank tops, underwear and neighbors.